You're on the road 200 miles from home. Right as you start to lose cell reception, your car breaks down and you're stuck on the side of the road. You don't panic because you know you're prepared for when things go wrong. In fact, you have everything you need in case you're not able to get any help for 48 hours.
Here's what you need in your car roadside emergency kit in the event that you get stranded on the side of the road:
- Roadside reflectors/flares
- Jumper cables
- Gallon of water
- First Aid Kit
- Energy bars
- Beef jerky (you can swap this out for other non-perishables if beef jerky isn't your thing)
- Ice scraper (very handy when it's snowing)
- Toilet paper (you're not going to want to handle business without it)
- Duct tape (fixes almost everything except for broken hearts)
- Pen and paper
Being prepared matters. When you're prepared for different situations, you won't be as stressed. Reevaluate your roadside kit every 12 months to make sure that all food and water is still good to use.
Do you have a roadside kit in your car? If not, it's time to get started!